What To Do If You Are Being Stalked
- Create and use a safety plan.
- Communicate a definite NO to the stalker; do not just brush them off. End all communication.
- Make a report to your local law enforcement agency.
- Ask the police department to patrol your neighborhood more frequently.
- Don’t blow off contacting your local police department about each contact from your stalker.
- Carefully consider a restraining order – police department or any local domestic violence agency can help you make this decision.
- Talk to your local domestic violence agency. They can help you with restraining orders, safety planning and assist you with many other of your needs.
- Make sure your family, friends, employers are aware of the stalking situation.